Today, we’re taking life with a grain of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila! In honor of National Margarita Day, we’ve put together our top three favorite takes on this jovial drink.
Save these recipes for happy hour this evening or a hot summer night around the campfire with friends. All the ingredients in these drinks are easy to find and easy to store in your RV or at your campsite.
Who doesn’t love a refreshing (& simple to make!) marg after a long day of kayaking, canoeing or swimming? Pair this with Tacos in a Bag and your night is set!
- Lime wedge, plus 2 lime wheels for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, for glass rims
- 4 ounces high quality blanco tequila (see note above)
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh juice from 2 limes
- Cocktail Details
Lavender Bliss Margarita
Ready to unwind in the RV – you’ll want a glass of this! A lavender margarita is sure to put you in a relaxed state.
- Dried lavender plus sugar
- 1 tablespoon lavender syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces high quality silver tequila
- Juice of one lime
- Splash of seltzer (optional)
- Lavender sprigs
- Simple Syrup Recipe
Simply put: a little sweet with a spicy punch. For an extra edition of refreshment, add in some watermelon ice cubes!
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups white tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (such as Triple Sec)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- Cracked ice
- Garnishes: fresh jalapeño slices, watermelon wedges
Learn more about Massey’s Landing located at 36625 Long Neck Rd, Millsboro, DE 19966.