We all have that one friend, you know…the one who would rather stay inside instead of enjoying the great outdoors. The one who prefers a smartphone and TV to a campfire and tent. But, have no fear, these tips will coax your indoorsy friend out for a weekend in the wild:
- Do All the Leg Work
We know it’s not fun to handle all the planning, but securing everything from the date to the menu for the week/weekend will make all the difference to someone who is unfamiliar with camping.
It will put your indoorsy friend’s mind at ease knowing they will not have to Google “how to set up a campsite” or “what is spam?”.
- Pitch it as a Summer Soiree
For your friends who have never been camping, they may picture it as biting bugs, muddy ground and spam for every meal. Be sure to frame the trip as a party, everyone loves a party. Let them know there will be fun activities, delicious food, and amazing views.
Pro-tip: Look for adventures on the campground as well as the surrounding areas. Instagram-worthy day trips to hike or to a local brewery can often seal the deal for indoorsy friends!
Trying to tempt an indoorsy friend to join you at Massey’s Landing? Use these “party-esque” features:
- A private beach – We have plenty of sunbathing space, sans the crowds, on the sands of our private Beach on Rehoboth Bay. We even have a special place for your pooches at the off-leash Sandy Paw Dog Beach.
- A splash bar – that’s just adults only…with a pool bar. Yes, a pool bar.
- Recreation – fishing, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, biking – you name it, we may have it!
- On-site dining – a delicious first night meal to start the adventure, anyone?
- Tempt them with Tent Alternatives
Just because you’re going camping doesn’t mean you have to pitch a tent to enjoy the outdoors.
Look for campgrounds that offer a variety of options from tent spaces to RV hook-ups to on-site hotels to cabins/cottages - that way everyone can feel comfortable while enjoying nature.
Also, for your indoorsy friends not into “taking care of business” in the wild, look into campgrounds with bath houses.
Massey’s Landing offers gorgeous beach cottages that sleep seven. Learn more!
- Bonus: If there is Wi-Fi, mention it!
At Massey’s Landing, we know you can’t completely disconnect from the world. That’s why we offer free Wi-Fi access throughout the campground.
How do you convince your indoorsy friends to go camping? Tell us!
Learn more about the Massey's Landing located at 20628 Long Beach Drive, Millsboro, DE 19966.