If you’re looking to add a little foodie fun to your RV, campsite or beach cottage adventure, consider hosting a Grilled Cheese Party. What better after a long day on the Delaware Seashore than a spread of different loaves of bread, cheeses and fixins’ with friends or family? Hint: nada.
What you’ll need to host a Great Grilled Cheese Party:
- A Camp Chef Cooking Iron or foil
- 4 – 6 types of your favorite cheese
- 8 – 10 different types of fixins’
- 2 – 3 different types of bread
- Butter, coconut oil, ghee or cooking spray
- Name cards for the cheeses and fixins’
Below are a few of our favorites from The Food Network’s 50 Grilled Cheese Ideas:
- Mix 1/2 cup cream cheese with 1/4 cup goat cheese and 8 chopped Peppadew peppers. Sandwich one-quarter of the mixture between 2 slices multigrain bread; cook, flipping once, until golden. (Use the remaining cheese mixture for more sandwiches.)
- Make Classic Grilled Cheese (No. 1), adding 3 slices crisp bacon and 1 slice tomato between the cheese.
- Make Diner Grilled Cheese (No. 8), replacing the American cheese with aged white cheddar and adding sliced pickles between the cheese.
- Prepare 2 thick slices frozen garlic bread as the label directs. Sandwich with 2 slices each monterey jack and ham. Cook, flipping once, until golden.
- Halve a hot dog lengthwise; brown in a skillet. Spread a hot dog bun with ketchup and mustard, then sandwich with the hot dog and 1 slice American cheese. Cook, flipping once, until golden, pressing to flatten.
What’s your favorite way to cook a grilled cheese?
Learn more about Massey's Landing, located at 20628 Long Beach Drive, Millsboro, DE 19966.