The Story: This is a recipe one of our campers learned at a Girl Scout camp. She said the Girl Scouts choose this recipe every camping trip they took. Her family has also fallen in love with this as a breakfast treat or a late-night campfire 🔥 snack.
Verdict: We love it when we all come together to enjoy good food and conversation. It makes for a fun, relaxing time together with friends and loved ones!
- Iron Skillet
- Cooking oil
- Pillsbury biscuits
- Toppings: powder sugar, cinnamon, jam, chocolate
- Get fire started and let burn down to coals.
- Place skillet on rack over fire and pour in oil.
- Let oil heat up.
- Take biscuits out of package and put a hole in middle of each to make them look like donuts.
- Place in skillet with tongs.
- Leave in skillet until dough is lightly golden on first side then turn with tongs to other side and cook until light golden.
- Remove from oil to a paper lined plate and let cool.
- Dip in choice of coating (powdered sugar, cinnamon, chocolate, etc).
Pro Tip: Better to use once fire gets down to coals so fire does not burn dough.