"My husband and I camp with our four children in our 17-foot travel trailer as often as we can! I like to purchase and prep as much food as I can so that I can also relax and enjoy the trips too. This recipe has so many variations and uses so few ingredients that it's a go to campfire snack. The kids enjoy filling their own bananas with the toppings and wrapping them up. If you need a twist on traditional s'mores, this is what you need! #yourwelcome" Alicia Gillespie, Crydon, Pennsylvania
1 Banana Per Person
1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
1. Slice each banana down the center to flip open like a book, leaving it still connected along one length.
2. Lay each banana on a piece of aluminum foil.
3. Sprinkle each banana with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows (this can be substituted with other flavor chips like butterscotch or caramel, cherry or blueberry pie filling works great too).
4. Wrap the foil around the banana creating a foil packet.
5. Place on the campfire to melt the goodness!
6. Unwrap and enjoy this banana s'mores goodness!
Pro Tip: Prep bowls of ice cream and pour this on top for a banana split heaven!