The Story: One camper's best friend of 50+ years prepared this dessert for her, probably 40 years ago. She loved it so much that she's been making this ever since. It is a hit at campground pot luck dinners and so quick and easy to make.
Verdict: So quick to make and so (so, so) delicious! A must for your campsite or RV get-together
- 1 12 oz. prepared angel food cake
- 21 oz. can of pie filling, I prefer cherry
- 4 serving vanilla pudding mix, instant or cooked type
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Prepare pudding by using 1 cup milk and 1 cup sour cream. Immediately pour over cake cubes. Do not mix
- Pour pie filling over cake-pudding dish. Do not mix
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Use a long-handled spoon to serve by dipping through the dessert so that you serve up all of the ingredients.